Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Second Day at Wudu & Huaxing.

chris & esther:

Chris Sung: Today I was really tired and felt like all of the work we've been doing has finally caught up to me. Teaching at Wudu is still some what difficult because of the tight schedule. Um, nothing much really happened today other than me being tired. Shing stepped up during our English class during the second half of the day and taught most of it, so I'm quite thankful for that. Please pray for us to have energy throughout our days.

Esther Wong: We have some kids that were in my class last year, and some others I also know from last year, so despite the half day, I feel like we will still be able to build a meaningful relationship with the kids. Since we're teaching two different groups of kids, it's still as tiring as a full day even though we're only teaching three hours at a time. Please pray for us that we will be able to keep our energy up and put six hours' worth of effort and heart into the kids in the space of three hours.

pastor josh & norman:








norman ai: today was a good day. i went to wudu elementary for a couple minutes and saw a couple old students before going to huaxing elementary. before we left, pastor josh said to me, "norman, i know your heart is here [wudu], but we need to get going to huaxing." during the drive to huaxing, i kept thinking to myself why was i so sad about not teaching at wudu? were my feelings so apparent that it seemed i was disappointed to be teaching at huaxing? so before i got out of the car at huaxing, i told myself that i would leave these feelings behind. God sent me here for a reason and i will full heartedly follow and obey. today's class at huaxing went well as usual. the kids are still well behaved along with getting to know us much better. i found myself really appreciating teaching at huaxing, appreciating our helpers, and appreciating the students. i thank God he was able to help me commit my heart and efforts fully to huaxing despite feeling attached to wudu this week. i will have to cherish these moments and fully dedicate myself, as this most likely will be my last missions trip here to taiwan. please pray that i will be able to continue strongly while teaching english and be good reflection of God's love to the students.

the afternoon class at baifu kinda switched around for me today. my small group from yesterday was promoted to the higher english skill level class because they were just too smart. so i teamed up with elean and will teach another 5 students for the rest of the week. since the english class is at church, we have no hesitation in talking to them about God, praying, teaching them how to pray, or answering any questions about our faith. praise God for this experience again. today, we had them draw their families / interests and write them out in english. we also went over the Lord's prayer with them in english and chinese, as some of them wanted to learn to pray in english. altogether, im glad for the opportunity to teach with elean and that the class went smoothly. please pray that we may be able to have more opportunities to share with them our faith and our God.

tonight, i was blessed with the opportunity to have dinner with a couple families of old students from last year. elean and esther were also invited. they took us to eat shabu shabu aka hotpot. it was good catching up with them as i havent had much time to see them, much less talk to them this week at baifu. during our walk back to the church, God opened up an opportunity to give my testimony to mrs chou, kevin and judy's mom. she's been a helper with our summer english program for the past three years. im glad she's had a good impression of christians and church through our testimony and i pray that one day her and her family will be able to attend church at baifu. i will do my best to be a good reflection of God and may God work in his own time and his own way! please continue to pray for this family and the families that our missions team meet along the way these three weeks!

deacon katy:

This is the 9th day since we arrived at Taiwan.

And here are things I saw and I’m thankful for.


I saw caring and love from Pastor and members of Nei-Li church.

I saw team members share yummy food with each other all the time.

I saw team members are eager to improve their teaching.

I saw team members try their best to submit to each other.

I saw team members spend time with kids after class.

I saw our team members take care of their team mom too-for example, finding seat for her on the train or bus.

I saw our brothers who are always ready to jump out when we need help to get rid of bugs - whether it’s a flying cockroach, a palm-size spider, or a 6-inch long centipede.

I saw Pastor Josh do home visitation in spite of his sore leg.

I saw Norman maintain our blog faithfully.

I saw Josh Yen volunteer to carry things for us many times.

I saw Si Chu is always offering help whenever anyone needs help with Chinese.

I saw Shing Chow was filled with enthusiasm when he teaches.

I saw Chris Sung is willing to share the most wanted stuff-baby powder.

I saw Esther Wong prepare stuff to kill mosquitoes so we can get good sleep.

I saw Jacqueline Lee work hard to fight with jet lag.

I really don’t see every decent actions-however God knows everything.

And best of all, I see God is in charge of everything, He is with us all the time.

Give praise and honor to Him.

Need to go to sleep, I’ll write more later.



3 comments:

  1. Mmm,
    you guys must be really tired.

    I like the baby powder part, do you put it on your faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that everyone is working together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thankful list Deacon Katy! Haha baby powder is the most wanted item indeed.

    ReplyDelete