Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Second Day at Neli.

team members thoughts:

bernard & karen:





Bernard Wen: Today was more tiring than the first day, but it was definitely much better. Kids were all much more interactive; even the quiet ones were more playful. A few of the kids became troublemakers though; sometimes they don't listen immediately, some don't pay attention while we're teaching, but all of its bearable and controllable (for now). Even though I thought the craft for today, a paper sheep face, wasn't very high quality, the kids liked making it and that made it worth it. Lunch was delicious.

joshua & elean:

Elean Yang: Day 2 was very different from the first day. The kids were a lot closer to us since they know us a little better now. Conversational communication was slightly frustrating because a lot of things they couldn't explain to me and I had no clue what they meant but at least communication was alright during the lesson. It was hot & humid today & I wore jean capris [which was not smart] & then I got a little too dehydrated even though I drank a 2 liter bottle of water. We had our first house visitation today. It went really well.

norman & marissa:



Marissa Liu: Day two was okay. Most of the students have warmed up to me but they were rowdy. Tomorrow Norman and I are going to try the clapping method to get their attention. Hopefully everything will run smoothly. Today was my first time with house visitation. I really enjoyed it because it allowed me to get to know the student better. Please continue to pray for us and the family we visited today. It is also only the second day and I am already exhausted so please help me pray for strength and patience. :)

norman ai: the second day was definitely harder. the kids were warming up to us, therefore more rowdy. and since our class consists of 90% boys, well, lets just say they are very active and verbal. haha. today was definitely a test of patience and love for me. especially since i seem to lack those traits the more tired i get. but praise God that he gave us the strength and wisdom to see the day through. today we made sheep masks because we're learning about David. pray that the kids are curious and open to hearing the strength our God gives us when we trust in him when facing giants in our lives. tonight was also our first house visitation. [the second picture]. please pray that God will use us more effectively during class and house visitations to share his love and his gospel to the families of taiwan.

chris & esther:

Chris Sung: Today, our class ran more smoothly than the first day and I felt more confident when teaching. However, the kids have varied levels of English comprehension which makes teaching a bit more difficult. There are a few kids that I think don't really know any English and I've been trying to help them more individually when I am not at the front of the class teaching, but with my limited Chinese, I feel like I am some what tied back in my ability to really help them. Please pray for me to be able to better communicate with the kids using Chinese. Also continue to pray for everyone's safety and also for unity amongst our team.

pastor josh:

Since i haven't really updated, i will update about the entire trip so far. Everything is going really well, the team is adjusting to the Taiwan lifestyle. We are all still a little bit tired as we are not used to the heat during the day. We have adult helpers at Nei Li, and so everything is pretty smooth in class. Please pray for our team. They are too nice. Nice to the point where sometimes the kids will take advantage of the teachers kindness. We are all doing our part in feeding Taiwan's mosquitos, no one has had any major bites, just minor ones. Some team members are getting heat rashes already, so please pray for that. It finally rained last night a super storm, which is good because the past few days was really hot and humid. We have gone house visiting for the past 2 nights, and will continue to do so tonight. Please pray for our house visitations as it is the time where we really get to share the gospel with the kids. Thanks for your prayers!



2 comments:

  1. Just as Norman said, this is going to be a giant in your life. You never know what/who you will face in the next couple of weeks. During this morning's devotion, I came across Psalm 23. Even though I had read it numerous times, the calm and peace displayed still overwhelmed me. Stay in the arms of the Lord and He will carry you through. We will be praying for you. Remember: He prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies. He anointed our heads with oil; and our cups overflows....

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete