Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Eve of The First Day at Wudu.

team member's testimonies:

marissa liu:

Bai Fu is awesome! The people here are awesome, the room is cozy and the food here is delicious. Right when we arrive yesterday, the people were so nice and gave us little welcome notes. Today we went to Miaokou night market and I absolutely loved it because the food was scrumpcious. I am nervous for tomorrow because the schedule, students and environment are different from Nei Li but hopefully Jacqueline and I can get through it [that is my prayer request]. Thank you everyone for your prayers =)

josh yen:

things I’m thankful for:

· baifu church. we attended the church’s youth group and sunday worship. it was very encouraging to see so many people praising and worshiping God in a different country. not only that, but you could see that they truly love God every bit as much as we do. it was very powerful to hear worship and prayer in different language, in a different country. the experience makes me interested in one day traveling to another different country and worshiping with them. no matter the country, the race, or the language, there is one God. God’s people will not be stopped. from the corners of the earth we will cry out!

· baifu church. again. i’ve heard a lot of great things about this church from last years mission team. I’m thankful that they are supporting us so much. this week, my class will have 5 helpers!

· the rooms. I really like the chair that I’m sitting in right now. the prayer mat I sleep on is very squishy :D.

· we attended a festival of Christianity and were able to get on stage and use the drums, electric guitar, keyboard, and bass. without preparation, we sang “Jesus, lover of my soul” to the crowd. there weren’t that many people but it was still awesome. and we closed the festival with “path of grace” which is probably my favorite of our stm songs. elean, bernard, shing, norman, karen, and esther did an awesome job on the instruments and jacqueline did beautifully leading the vocals.

things I’m praying for

· diligence. lesson plans have to made meticulously so that we don’t waste any time in the class room. this week we only have 3 hours of total camp time compared to last week’s 6.5. instead, we will be teaching one 3 camp at the school and then go back to the church to teach another 3 hour camp to a different class.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you all made it to Baifu safely! Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete