Friday, July 23, 2010

The Final Day at Wudu & Huaxing.

bernard & karen:

bernard wen: today...was different from the rest of the week. maybe not so much the morning class, but the afternoon one at baifu church. josh and i were defeated trying to teach our junior highers english, so we started talking to them about church and their beliefs. i was at first trying to ask them about why they came to church, and what have they learned from church, but they ended up turning the questions on us...haha. they asked our reasons for believing in God, so we gave them brief summaries of our testimonies. whatever chinese speaking skills we lacked, God filled in. they could see through our choppy chinese that our lives had been changed by God and i hope that was encouraging to them.

immediately after, i felt a lot of regret for never being this eager and bold to speak to others about my own beliefs. if i was so brave to start talking to these kids in chinese, why couldn't i have been this brave back in America, where i could convey my thoughts much more easily? pray that the boldness that i felt tonight would remain with me. and i thank God for always filling in for my weaknesses. walking back from the morning class, i felt like i had done barely anything here at baifu, but God showed me again that even though i might not see results in what i'm doing sometimes on this mission trip, i need to trust in Him to lead me.

oh yeah, i'm also disappointed that we aren't able to attend Sunday service with the church in guishan. and i'm giving my testimony tomorrow at the baifu church evangelistical meeting. i just remembered again and i need to practice, so pray for me :)

chris & esther:

Chris Sung:
Today was the end of the week for teaching at Wudu/Baifu church. It was a much different experience from the first week of teaching at Nei Li. With the half day schedule and two classes in one day, it felt much more tiring. Also with the shortened schedules we definitely got much less time to get to know these kids. However, the kids were more ready to get to know us I guess.. I'm not really sure if that's worded properly. Anyways, it ended up not being so bad because the kids were really friendly and really wanted to become our friends so praise God for that (that we were able to get close to the kids with half the time or less than that of the first week). I must say that it is a bit sad because the kids at the end of the week keep asking us if we are coming back next year, and I'm just not sure. Sigh. Okay, well I can't think of much else, my mind is somewhat blank. Praise God for getting us through two weeks and for providing us with people/churches that support us a great deal. Pray for the last week to go smoothly, for continued safety, and for strength and energy.

pastor josh & norman:






norman ai: the second week of our missions trip is almost over. we have two more days serving at baifu church in wudu. i'm really going to miss this place. we hang out with the kids here alot, even after all the classes end! we take them out for lunch/milk tea/hang out at the church. its a great atmosphere. i was once again able to give my testimony today to two students in my afternoon class. today, i am especially tired. so today's entry will be short. its been a great day, as the past two weeks have all been. im glad ive had so much time to hang out with new and old students. i will try to post more tomorrow. please pray for our service in the children's workshop tomorrow morning, our service in the youth evangelistic meeting tomorrow afternoon, and our testimonies in chinese on sunday during service. thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Hi--------, it is good to see you all again, -- with smiles on your faces -- after these two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on giving your testimonies all, I'm sure it'll be super blessing! That last photo makes me so happy... CALEB! haha =) Is he "falling into your voice" Jacqueline?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all! Thanks for putting in the extra effort of keeping this blog updated...really helps to know how to pray for you and how old friends are doing. When goodbyes (or the prospect of goodbyes) get to be too much, I try to remind myself to stay in the present...that's where my students and friends are and that's where God is, so that's where I want to be. Hope to see you all before I leave Columbus!

    ReplyDelete